Fighting to Keep You Out of Jail
Probation violations occur when someone breaks the terms or conditions of their probation. Though the offense may seem minor, such a crime is serious and often results in probation revocation, heavy fines, jail time, and more.
If you have been charged with a probation violation in Scottsdale, the experienced criminal defense lawyer at Salwin Law Group PLLC can help you fight to get those charges dismissed. I have years of experience as a former prosecutor and have effectively handled thousands of cases.
What Is a Probation Violation?
When placed on probation, an individual is given a list of things they must do and not do. These terms must be followed entirely throughout the duration of the probation period. There are several types of probation violations that can arise, depending on the type of probation the person is placed on.
Common probation violations include:
- Failure to complete counseling
- Failure to pay court fines or fees
- Failure to comply with a court order
- Removal of a security monitoring device
- Failure to pass a drug test
- Communication with a person you were ordered not to speak to
- Consumption of alcohol when you were ordered not to
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to check-in with a probation officer
- Commission of a new crime
Defend Your Probation Violation Charges
When you turn to Salwin Law Group PLLC, I can make every effort to help the court understand your side of the story. Some probation violations occur for legitimate reasons and because of uncontrollable circumstances. Others can be dropped due to otherwise good behavior exhibited by the individual throughout the probationary term.
Contact a Scottsdale probation violation lawyer as soon as possible at (480) 470-6119 for a free consultation.