Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you have been charged for property crime in Scottsdale, the criminal defense attorney at Salwin Law Group PLLC is prepared to make every effort to fight the allegations against you.
I offer aggressive representation for all types of property crime charges, including:
- Criminal trespass
- Property theft
- Criminal damage/vandalism
Penalties for Property Crimes in Scottsdale
In Arizona, there are many types of criminal offenses that fall under the category of property crime. All involve either stealing or destroying another’s property. Even if the accused did not take any stolen goods, unlawful entry with the intent of committing a crime is enough for a conviction.
A property crime can result in fines, jail time, loss of civil rights, and even a damaged reputation. The specific penalties are dependent on the value of the items stolen and the manner in which they were taken. Typically, the higher the value of the stolen property, the more severe the penalties will be.
The classifications and penalties for property crimes include:
- Class 1 misdemeanor (less than $1,000) – 6 months in jail
- Class 6 felony ($1,000 – $2,000) – 2 years in prison
- Class 5 felony ($2,000-$3,000) – 2.5 years in prison
- Class 4 felony ($3,000-$4,000) – 3.75 years in prison
- Class 3 felony ($4,000-$25,000) – 8.75 years in prison
- Class 2 felony ($25,000 or more) – 12.5 years in prison
Reliable Legal Counsel
When you work with the Scottsdale property crime attorney at Salwin Law Group PLLC, you can benefit from having a former prosecutor on your side. The sooner you reach out, the sooner I can start building a defense plan to help you get your charges reduced or dropped altogether.
Contact me at (480) 470-6119 to have your case reviewed for free.